Stanford Health Care (formerly known as Stanford University Medical Center) and Anthem Blue Cross have been engaged in contract negotiations for a few months. Unfortunately, an agreement to arrive at reasonable reimbursement rates and contractual terms beneficial to both organizations was not reached.
Effective September 8, 2014, Stanford Health Care is no longer a participating provider in the Anthem Blue Cross network.
Letters are being mailed to:
Any member in a current course of treatment at Stanford Health Care or who may have questions or concerns about the contract termination should call the Customer Service number (800-627-8797). We are also available to assist.
Many doctors have admitting privileges at more than one hospital. Just because a member's doctor may have admitting privileges at Stanford Health Care does not necessarily mean that at doctor cannot still treat his/her patients at another Anthem Blue Cross participating hospital.
The following is a partial list of alternate participating general acute care hospitals within the vicinity of Stanford Health Care:
* El Camino Hospital, 2500 Grant Road, Mountain View, CA 94040
* Good Samaritan Hospital, 2425 Samaritan Dr., San Jose, CA 95124
* Menlo Park Surgical Hospital, 570 Willow Rd. Menlo Park, CA 94025
* Mills Hospital, 100 S. San Mateo Dr., San Mateo, CA 94401
* O'Connor Hospital, 2105 Forest Ave., San Jose, CA 95128
* Peninsula Hospital & Medical Center, 1501 Trousdale Dr., Burlingame, CA 94010
* Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 S. Bascom Ave., San Jose, CA 95128
* Sequoia Health Services, 170 Alameda De Las Pulgas, Redwood City, CA 94062
* UCSF Medical Center, 505 Parnassus Ave., San Francisco, CA 94143
* Washington Hospital, 2000 Mowry Ave., Fremont, CA 94538
For a complete list of contracting hospitals, please visit www.anthem.com/ca