United Healthcare's Refill and Save program allows members to receive a $20 discount on their copay when they refill their prescription within a specified amount of time. For a typical 30 day supply picked up at the pharmacy, the member would have the 30 day limit on refill, then an additional 30 days to refill their prescription (total of 60 days from date first Rx is picked up) to receive a $20 discount on their second copay.
Please note that only certain medications are covered under this program.
• Asthma: combination respiratory inhalers (Advair and Dulera)
• Depression: serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (Cymbalta and Pristiq)
1. When do I need to refill my prescription to stay eligible for the $20 savings? To qualify for the $20 savings, you must refill your prescription within 30 days of the day it was scheduled to run out. So if your prescription was written for 30 days, you'd have that 30 days plus a 30-day grace period (for a total of 60 days) to refill your prescription in order to qualify for the $20 discount.
2. If the grace period runs out before I refill my prescription, can I still get the $20 savings? No, if it has been more than 30 days since your prescription was scheduled to run out, you will not receive the $20 savings on your next refill. However, you will receive the $20 savings on all following refills, as long as you refill within the 30-day grace period from when your prescription was scheduled to run out.
3. How does the discount work if I refill my prescriptions by mail? You will receive the $50 savings when you refill your 90-day prescription by mail. Including the 30-day grace period, your refill deadline to qualify for savings is extended to approximately 120 days from your last refill.
4. What if I get a 90-day refill at a retail pharmacy?You will receive the $20 savings when you refill your 90-day prescription at your retail pharmacy. Including the 30-day grace period, your refill deadline to qualify for savings is extended to approximately 120 days from your last refill.